Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Make-ahead Lunch Fun!

I have the greatest husband ever, who sent me on a girlfriend trip ALL WEEK. While he watches the kids. All 3. 1 still in diapers (sometimes). The best daddy I could ever fathom for my babies. (Jealous, aren't you!)... Been enjoying reading, shopping, staying out late, and sleeping in!


So.... before I left town I tried to set things up so he would have an easier week. In addition to hair brushing practice with the girls and finishing my daughter's homework ahead for all week, I thought I'd address the issue of....Lunches.


My oldest daughter loves Lunchables (tm). Well... she loves the idea of lunchables. Unfortunately, she doesn't like the american cheese or the round butter crackers... so she begs and pleads at the store for one, and then eats about 4 bites.



Last week, grandma and grandpa bought lunchables for the kids for a picnic. This time, I saved the plastic shells. We opted for sharp cheddar (her favorite), ham, and woven crackers. And of course halloween candy. Some mini cookie cutters makes it even more fun than the original store-bought version.


A little Glad Press&Seal, a sweet note from momma, and we were in business! The best part- I was able to do several of them all at once and leave them in the fridge- so all Chris has to do is grab a juicebox and some fresh fruit and school lunch is done! My little 2 are impressed as well- so much more fun for a picnic or lunch than a boring plate of cheese, meat, and crackers. I think I will keep this trick in my bag for future reference :)

3 comments:

  1. Yea for wonderful husbands! God is so good! I'm glad you got a refreshing break!
    Good for you on the making of your own lunchable. I'm sure you can make them healthier as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I think we'll be giving this a whirl very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a good idea for grown up snacks too. Sheila

    ReplyDelete